SolidWorks Tips and Tricks

How to create an isometric section view -1

How to create an isometric section view -1

27 May, 2009

12 Comments

Many times people have been asking about how they can create an Isometric Section view. When I started working on Solidworks, I used the configurations trick to accomplish this. Now a day I call that as an old trick. I have used one simple revolved part for this exercise. This trick can be applied to assemblies as well. Here goes the old ISO section trick. Please note that if you use SolidWorks 2007 and onwards, please have a look at this tips instead.

1) Create one configuration of the part/assembly of which you want to show the ISO Section.

s1

2) Give any name as per the convenience. I have used Iso Section.

s2

3) Now create a rectangle on the face, either half or one quarter. I have used one quarter.

s3

4) Create a full cut extrude.

s4

s5

5) Save you part and switch to Default configuration.

s6

6) Create the drawing placing/creating an Isometric view.

s7 s8

7) Now RMB on the view and select properties.

s9

8 ) Change the configuration from the pop up window.

s10

9) Your view will look similar to shown below.

s11

You can also skip steps 5-9 by placing the Iso Section configuration on the first view itself. I just wanted to show another option also.

10) Go to Insert, Annotations and select Area/Hatch fill or select from the toolbar.

s12

11) Select the two faces in the Isometric view. Set the type, scale, angle etc. of the hatch and click OK.

s13

12) You are done with the Isometric Section View.

s14

Deepak Gupta http://gupta9665.wordpress.comThanks Deepak for this new SolidWorks tips! Clement

This post was submitted by Deepak Gupta.

You may also like

Tags:

12 Comments »

• Al Whatmough says:

There is a much easier way to do this at the drawing level

Cheers,

AL

• Chen G. says:

You could much easily create a section view in a drawing and then RMB it and use “Isometric Section View”…

• Deepak Gupta says:

Yes, I agree with both of you. But that option is not possible in older versions of SolidWorks and SW07 and onwards have that option of RMB on the section view and select “ISOMETRIC SECTION VIEW”

Cheers

• Thanks guys for your comments. I actually received two tips from Deepak regarding the isometric view but didn’t get a chance to post the second one yet. I just published it here and updated the other post to avoid confusion:

• Lala says:

Findnig this post. It’s just a big piece of luck for me.

• mirfcvpzh says:

Xu3z57 znsnhvfdowjz

• Patricia says:

When it comes to telling ppoele how to train, I want to know that the advice I give is based on evidence, not what on other ppoele say, and not on what I think is going to work. While you could dig around on various electronic databases, such as Medline to get such information, its nice to have all the latest excercise recommendations based on sound research at your fingertips. And if you’re looking for such a book, well, look no further.Readers who regularly read sports science research will see some familiar names on page vii, which contains the list of ppoele who contributed to the book. To me, knowing that ppoele like Kraemer, Faigenbaum, or Hatfield had a hand in this book puts it on solid ground.And the book is thorough too. Covering just about every aspect of conditioning and training, from basic exercise physiology to how many sets of an exercise should I do, its just a plain fact that there’s not much that has been left out. Of course all the major areas such as strength training, endurance training, and flexibility are there as well. Also notable are the great pictures of stretching and strengthening exercises as well as little numbers (2) to refer the reader to the study the info was taken from. Right on!My criticisms of this book are picky and few. For example I did notice that on page 299 the book advocates holding a static stretch for 30 seconds to become more flexible. Experts in the field who keep up on the research may not agree with this. While the 30 seconds rule applies to a lot of muscle groups, it does not apply to all- like stretching the calf muscles to increase dorsiflexion (see The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution for a nice updated literature review on ankle stretching). In case you’re wondering, 30s won’t cut it to increase ankle ROM. In conclusion, as a researcher and trainer, I was really impressed with the evidence-based information and the thoroughness of the text. I think it would be of most benefit to coaches, athletic trainers, personal trainers, or anyone who wants a good resource to guide their exercise prescriptions.

• Remy says:

Bonjour,Les moyens de ctieostatnon existent mais il faut voir si vous avez le temps de le faire ou bien de payer 35 €. En effet, pour pouvoir contester le PV il faut apporter la preuve que les places ministe8res sont ille9gales rue de Varenne (on peu vous aider la dessus)Puis consigner les 75€ aupre8s de l’officier du ministe8re public comme indique9 sur votre PV (et oui pour contester il faut payer) Vous serrez convoque9 e0 une audience e0 laquelle on pourra vous accompagner pour vous de9fendre et si vous gagner (cela ne devrait pas poser de proble8me.)Vous serrez rembourse9 des 75€ et nous pourrons aussi demander la suppression des panneaux rue de varenne !

• vgbscwod says:

8cDgOP ovqvhsnfvspd

• irjejqiz says:

nPkKXf , [url=http://skmxjdwncpfs.com/]skmxjdwncpfs[/url], [link=http://qkwomhaxvxzx.com/]qkwomhaxvxzx[/link], http://useptvzodycq.com/

• tgcrrbawhi says:

sMWJRL vcayleajnjmq

You must be logged in to post a comment.